Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

"Oh, when shall we learn the sweet trust in God?"

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.
2 Thessalonians 3:16

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

I look to Thee in every need,
And never look in vain;
I feel Thy touch, Eternal Love!
And all is well again.
The thought of Thee is mightier far
 Than sin and pain and sorrow are.

Discouraged in the work of life,
Disheartened by its load,
Shamed by its failures or its fears,
I sink beside the road, —
But let me only think of Thee,
 And then new heart springs up in me.

Thy calmness bends serene above,
My restlessness to still;
Around me flows Thy quickening life,
To nerve my faltering will:
Thy presence fills my solitude,
Thy providence turns all to good.

Embosomed deep in Thy dear love,
Held in Thy Word, I stand;
Thy hand in all things I behold,
And all things in Thy hand;
Thou leadest me by unsought ways,
 And turn’st my mourning into praise.

SAMUEL LONGFELLOW
Looking Unto God

         God has not so created the creatures that after creating He abandons them. He loves them, delights in them, is with them; moves and sustains each creature according to its kind. We Christians know that with God creating and sustaining are one thing.
LUTHER

         What a vast proportion of our lives is spent in anxious and useless forebodings concerning the future, —either our own or those of our dear ones.  Present joys, present blessings, slip by, and we miss half their sweet flavor, and all for want of faith in Him who provides for the tiniest insect in the sunbeam. Oh, when shall we learn the sweet trust in God that our little children teach us every day by their confiding faith in us? We, who are so mutable, so faulty, so irritable, so unjust; and He, who is so watchful, so pitiful, so loving, so forgiving? Why cannot we, slipping our hand into His each day, walk trustingly over that day’s appointed path, thorny or flowery, crooked or straight, knowing that evening will bring us sleep, peace, and home?

PHILLIPS BROOKS

     When we confide our cares upon our Heavenly Father, we honor Him; we declare our faith in God's powerful hands that love,  cherish and uphold His precious children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment